Unveil the world of mixed reality with HoloLens
About This Book
- Bring holographic insights to existing line-of-business applications, tools, and workflows
- Focus on developing end-to-end realistic holographic application.
- Build interactive model scripts and test them in Unity3D and holographic emulators
Who This Book Is For
This book is targeted at developers and designers working on mixed-reality developments for complex integrated scenarios using HoloLens.
What You Will Learn
- Interact with holograms using different interaction models
- Develop your first holographic app
- Integrate holographic applications with cloud systems
- Visualize data feeds coming from the cloud through holograms
- Manage the application distribution of enterprise-enabled HoloLens
- Integrate HoloLens applications with services deployed on Azure
- Identify and create 3D Assets and Scenes
- Use HoloLens to explore the Internet of Things
Do you want to create stunning applications with HoloLens? Are you a developer who is fascinated with Microsoft HoloLens and its capabilities? If so, this is the book for you.
This book introduces and demystifies the HoloLens platform and shows you different ways of interaction with computers (mixed-reality).
You will start your mixed-reality journey by understanding different types of digital reality. You will learn to build your first holographic app. Also, you will understand holographic application integration possibilities within Line of Business Applications using Azure. Moving ahead, you will create Integrated Solutions using IoT with HoloLens. Gradually you’ll learn how to create and deploy apps on a device. You will learn to publish application to the store; if you are an enterprise developer, you will also manage and distribute applications for enterprise-enabled or domain-joined HoloLens.
Finally, you will develop an end-to-end realistic holographic app, ranging from scenario identification to sketching, development, deployment, and, finally, production.
Style and approach
The book is a project-based guide to help you to create some really astonishing mixed-reality applications. It will provide end-to-end solutions and enable you to build stunning applications for HoloLens.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Digital Reality - Under The Hood Chapter 2. Hololens – The Most Natural Way To Interact Chapter 3. Explore Hololens As Hologram - Scenario Identification And Sketching Chapter 4. Explore Hololens As Hologram - Developing Application And Deploying On Device Chapter 5. Remote Monitoring Of Smart Building(S) Using Hololens - Scenario Identification And Sketching Chapter 6. Remote Monitoring Of Smart Building(S) Using Hololens - Developing Application And Deploying On Device Chapter 7. Build End-To-End Retail Solution - Scenario Identification And Sketching Chapter 8. Build End-To-End Retail Scenario - Developing Application And Deploying On Device Chapter 9. Possibilities Chapter 10. Microsoft Hololens In Enterprise
Title: HoloLens Blueprints Author: Abhijit Jana, Mallikarjuna Rao, Manish Sharma Length: 336 pages Edition: 1 Language: English Publisher: Packt Publishing Publication Date: 2017-06-20 ISBN-10: B01N9QA5M9