- Learn the latest features of C++ and how to write better code by using the Standard Library (STL). Reduce the development time for your applications.
- Understand the scope and power of STL features to deal with real-world problems.
- Compose your own algorithms without forfeiting the simplicity and elegance of the STL way.
Beginning with new language features, this book will help you understand the mechanics of the new language and offers insight into how it works. Unlike other books, ours takes an implementation-specific, problem-solution approach that will help you quickly overcome hurdles. You will learn the core STL concepts-such as containers, algorithms, utilities, lambda expressions, template tricks, and more-while working on practical real-world recipes. These recipes will help you get the most from the STL and show you how to program in a better way.
By the end of the book, you will understand the newer aspects of C++17 and will be able to overcome tasks that are time-consuming or deal-breaking while developing.
What you will learn
- The new core language features and the problems they were intended to solve
- Understand the inner workings and requirements of iterators by implementing them
- Explore functions and lambda expressions by implementing custom predicate functions and transformations
- Leverage the rich, portable, fast, and well-tested set of well-designed algorithms provided in the STL
- Work with strings the STL way instead of handcrafting C-style code
- Understand standard support classes for concurrency and how to put them to work
- Use the File system library addition available with the C++17 STL
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. The New C++17 Features Chapter 2. STL Containers Chapter 3. Iterators Chapter 4. Lambda Expressions Chapter 5. STL Algorithm Basics Chapter 6. Advanced Use of STL Algorithms Chapter 7. Strings, Stream Classes, and Regular Expressions Chapter 8. Utility Classes Chapter 9. Parallelism and Concurrency Chapter 10. Filesystem
Title: C++17 STL Cookbook Author: Jacek Galowicz Length: 485 pages Edition: 1 Language: English Publisher: Packt Publishing Publication Date: 2017-07-06 ISBN-10: 178712049X ISBN-13: 9781787120495
Book Download How to Download?
|Free Download Link||Format||Size (MB)|
|Click to download||PDF (convert), EPUB, MOBI||7.8|