Building and deploying infrastructure with Amazon Web Services is simply not the same as dealing with static servers. With tools that let you automatically replace instances and scale up and down in response to demand, it’s actually more like programming than traditional system administration—and ideal for a DevOps environment.
This comprehensive guide shows developers and system administrators alike how to configure and manage AWS services, such as CloudFormation, OpsWorks, Elastic Load Balancing, and Route 53. System administrators will learn how to integrate their favorite tools and processes, while developers will pick up enough system administration knowledge to build a robust and resilient AWS application infrastructure.
- Launch instances with EC2 or CloudFormation
- Apply AWS security tools at the beginning of your project
- Learn configuration management with OpsWorks and Puppet
- Deploy applications with Auto Scaling and Elastic Load Balancing
- Explore methods to deploy application and infrastructure updates
- Reuse resources to save time on development and operations
- Learn strategies for managing log files in AWS
- Configure a cloud-aware DNS service with Route 53
- Use CloudWatch or traditional tools to monitor your application
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Setting Up AWS Tools Chapter 2. First Steps with EC2 and CloudFormation Chapter 3. Access Management and Security Groups Chapter 4. Configuration Management Chapter . An Example Application Stack Chapter 6. Auto Scaling and Elastic Load Balancing Chapter 7. Deployment Strategies Chapter 8. Building Reusable Components Chapter 9. Log Management Chapter 10. DNS with Route 53 Chapter 11. Monitoring Chapter 12. Backups
Title: AWS System Administration: Best Practices for Sysadmins in the Amazon Cloud Author: Federico Lucifredi, Mike Ryan Length: 278 pages Edition: 1 Language: English Publisher: O'Reilly Media Publication Date: 2015-11-25 ISBN-10: 1449342574 ISBN-13: 9781449342579
Book Download How to Download?
|Free Download Link||Format||Size (MB)|
|Click to download||PDF (5th Early Release)||5.8|